LUF is a liberal religious community that is an independent not-for-profit corporation and registered charity, with a board of directors that is elected by the membership at our Annual General Meeting. LUF is a member congregation of the Canadian Unitarian Council. LUF Board Meetings are held monthly. They are open to members and friends. Check the calendar for exact dates and times. You can learn more about membership here.
LUF operates with the guidance of our Bylaw And Policy Manual.
2019 LUF BP Manual Section A Bylaw and Addenda 1
2020 LUF BP Manual Section B Policy All Committees
The Board of Directors for LUF for 2020 – 2021
- President – Sandra McIver
- Secretary – Irene Semenuk
- Treasurer – Margaret Wanlin
- Vice-President –
- Past-President – David Belrose
At Large members:
- Susan Woods
- Brenda Gillespie
- Rick Morgan
Committees and Chairs/Contact people
- Bylaw & Policy Committee: David Belrose
- Care Coordinator: Heidi Wahl
- Children’s Religious Exploration:
- Fellowship Life/Membership: Rosemary Burris
- Finance: Margaret Wanlin
- Kitchen: Brenda Gillespie
- Lay Chaplaincy Committee: Sally Palmer-Woods
- Newsletter: Angela Bach
- Nominating: David Belrose
- Sanctuary Coordinator: Sandra McIver
- Social Justice (CUSJ): Sally Palmer Woods (note- this is an external group)
- Sunday Services/Worship: Brenda Diebel
- Webmaster: Angela Bach – David Belrose
Administration and Staff
Our Administrator is Angela Bach. Her regular office hours are 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Mon. Tues, and Wed. The office phone number is 344-5980 and she can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. During July and August, office hours are irregular and only a few hours a week. Phone and e-mail messages are checked regularly. If visiting, it is advisable to call to be sure someone is there to let you in. At other times please send email or leave voicemail at 344-5980 and someone will get back to you during office hours.
Our Bookkeeper is Jean Armstrong. Normally all inquiries of our Bookkeeper will go through our Administrator.
Our Director of Music is Heather Morrison, contact phone 344-5980
Our Religious Exploration Coordinator is unfilled at the present time (summer 2020).
Our Lay Chaplains are:
Jean Armstrong 355-0020
Heather Morrison 767-8233
Brenda Diebel 630-6276
Our Endowment Fund Trustees are:
- Fred Upshaw (chair)
- Emily Lauzon
- David Diebel