Weddings and other Ceremonies
Lakehead Unitarian Fellowship offers the services of three Lay Chaplains who are available to officiate at weddings, memorials, child dedications and other rites of passage. They are licensed by the province of Ontario, supported by their congregation and trained by the Canadian Unitarian Council.
Lay Chaplains help to create and deliver ceremonies that reflect diversity of beliefs, spiritual depth, and personal values. In keeping with the Unitarian Universalist principles, Lay Chaplains work with couples and families, finding language and ritual to honour life’s most meaningful passages.
The fees in 2020 for Lay Chaplaincy services for non-members of LUF are as follows:
Wedding: $250.00, Rehearsal: $50.00 per hour or part, Funeral or Memorial Service: $250.00, Child Dedication: $125.00. Other “milestone ceremonies” can be negotiated with the Lay Chaplain. Travel expenses of 40 cents per kilometre will be charged for meetings and ceremonies outside Thunder Bay.
You can learn more about our Lay Chaplains here.
Our Lay Chaplains can be reached through the LUF Office at 807-344-5980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Unitarian Council Principles
We, the member congregations of the Canadian Unitarian Council, covenant to affirm and promote:
- the inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- a free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- the right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- the goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.